August 16, 2005

Fans and gloves...

From the Post:

"Hernandez said the fan wants an elaborate package in return for the glove: season tickets next year, playoff tickets this year -- and $18,000.

"He can have it," Hernandez said. "He thinks it's my lucky glove, but I'm not superstitious."

Hernandez had offered an autographed jersey and a brand-new glove"

What is wrong with people? It's a glove -- and that request package is ridiculous.

I saw this fan on his cell phone right after it happened (as we were at this game, and they put him on the jumbotron). If he were a real fan, you'd give it back because he asked. Don't be a dick.

3 comments:

Nate said...

I say give him the tickets for this year, in the outfield upper deck under the scoreboard. Then ban him from the stadium for life.

Soji Slade said...

"I saw this fan on his cell phone right after it happened (as we were at this game, and they put him on the jumbotron)."

He was right in front of me. So many security around, I thought the guy was going to be tackled and marched out of the stadium, but nope, he walked right past the thirty police and security guards standing between him and the outside.

DJDave said...

Interesting. I'm not surprised they didn't "take him down", as the legal battle would be a mess.

I'm just surprised the guy is being such a jerk about it.