September 2, 2005

Return of the Goooz

  • Braves 8, Nationals 7 (10 innings)

Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb in your bullpen. Once your starter goes 5 innings, the bomb is armed. If your starter leaves the game, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?

Answer: I dunno but it probably helps to have Andruw Jones in the lineup. The Nationals, despite looking more than a little bit like the Washington Generals, managed to batter the Braves bullpen for 4 runs and salvage a 7-7 tie heading into extra innings. And then there was Jones... A series split, a 1/2 lost in the wild card race, the treading of water continues.

Veni, Vidi, Vidro

Translation: I hit, I ran, I blew out my knee again. If it proves to be as serious as it looks Deivi Cruz will move to 2B and Goooz! will be back at short. You cannot bench Goooz, you can only hope to compensate for him.

No comments: