September 13, 2005

Patter-gonia

The Baseball Gods seem determined to make Frank "Cap'n Hook" Robinson use some of our rookie pitchers. Frank seems equally determined to ride the bullpen like a circus pony. In either case Big Nasty Patterson will be on the bench tonight, resting his sinuses.

(Oh ye Gods... Hector Carrasco gets the start. If this keeps up, I'm nominating Federico Fellini for official team videographer. Notwithstanding the fact that he's dead, I bet Frank could coax an inning or two out of him.)

Tom Boswell has graciously consented to write the rest of
today's post for me.

3 comments:

DJDave said...

Interestingly, Bos is still haning in there with playoff hopes.

Nate said...

Sure, he's a baseball guy. He doesn't want to have to cover the Redskins. Which is fair, since I don't want to have to watch the Redskins.

Watson said...

I just like that Rick Short is getting some ink.

"Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life. You know, you never handle your luggage in the show, somebody else carries your bags. It was great. You hit white balls for batting practice, the ballparks are like cathedrals, the hotels all have room service, and the women all have long legs and brains."

-Crash Davis