September 15, 2005

Just when you thought it was safe...

... to declare things over, the boys in blue keep on fighting. A sweep of the Mets makes me very, very happy.

The game was one I caught both on the radio and via TV over the course of the day (with a stop in the dentist from the 3rd to 5th innings, just in time to hear the grand slam as I got in the car). And the Fish loose, and Atlanta wins, meaning tonight we're 2.5 games out of the wild card, with the Philles and the Fish just .5 games behind Houston.

I'm just impressed. I have to say it. I didn't want to give up, and it looked like I should, and then they sweep.

Oh, and to make my night, I found an amusing blog, and he agrees with me about the flip-flops.

What a day.

4 comments:

Nate said...

First, Dave you're a simple man with simple dreams. Nos morturi te salutamos.

Second, I know the first comment is spam, but I can't bring myself to delete it because I never knew there was such a thing as a jello cake recipe site/blog. Fantabulous

Watson said...

That's okay, I deleted it without reading it. Jello sucks.

Nate said...

Jello sucks? What about the pudding pops? Godless heathen.

DJDave said...

I'm also just easily amused.

An pudding pops rock.