November 23, 2005

For the love of all that's good and decent, it's only November 22nd!

I'm looking at my Calendar and it says November 22nd. It's not even Thanksgiving yet. Why on earth are they already playing Christmas music? It's bad enough that they stretch the holiday out for the entire month of December but now it's starting in the middle of November. I went into Subway on Monday to get lunch and they were playing Christmas music. I sincerely thought about jumping over the sneeze guard and throttling the manager when he turned it up. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and I love the pageantry that goes along with it. But I like Fall too and I'd like the chance to enjoy it. Besides there's only so many times you can hear "Step into Christmas" by Elton John before you're ready to kill someone.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Hooray, a non-baseball cultural rant! Welcome back, Watson. Now where's my Goblet of Fire movie review? Deadlines people, deadlines. ;)

Watson said...

It will be coming sometime this weekend.

Watson said...

Okay so I screwed up the date, the rant still holds :)