So Chico @ WaPost put up a Prediction Challenge. I'm not on the ball enough to ask the other NTPers to do it with me, so here are mine... Happy Opening Day.
1. 2009 win total - 65
2. Attendance at Nationals Park (81 dates; last year's was 2.32 million) - 2.30 million. Half will be Red Sox fans.
3. All-star representative(s) - Adam Dunn
4. Adam Dunn's home run total - 32
5. Date of Stephen Strasburg's major league debut - 8/15/09
6. Nick Johnson's total games played - 100
7. Wins for John Lannan - 7
8. Percentage of season Dmitri Young spends in big leagues, not on DL - 25%
9. Josh Willingham's total at bats - 300
10. Innings pitched for Daniel Cabrera - 80
11. Team ERA leader - Lannan
12. Team batting average leader - Guzman, for Nate
13. Biggest surprise - That Jim Bowden was that much of a bad influence.
14. Biggest disappointment - I only get one?
15. Current minor leaguer (not counting Zimmermann) who will make an impact - A collection of people who will rotate through, and you wont learn their neames.
Bonus: Predict the Nats' rotation entering the last week of the season:
Impossible. Space and time do not allow for vision like this.
Talk amongst yourselves.